Now I'm bona-fide

Hello group-
About a month back I was actively searching out advice to aid in my search for
a GTV.  I received some great feedback from the group - to include a volunteer
to inspect a prospective car.  It was an outpouring of advice and generousity
that I was not expecting - and I must say that the friendliness of the group
helped influence my decision to get an old Alfa.

That being said, I took the plunge and ended up buying a car I am really happy
with as-is.  I got a 1968 euro-spec GTV 1750 that was originally sold from an
Ontario dealer to a Michigan buyer.  The car is completely original and
unrestored with 56k original miles.  I got some original documentation as
well, including the orignal bill of sale.  It is Rosso Alfa with a black
interior and even still has Michelin XAS tires.  The only problems are
isolated rust bubbling on the rockers, and vinyl on the rear seat back top
that is just old & dried out.  I am extremely pleased that the car doesnt need
to be restored to be enjoyed, and has remained in such a nice unmolested
state.

So thanks to all that helped me with my purchase.  Some may recall that I
placed one car I looked at on the web, I intended to put more pix up, but the
server I have been using has had some issues - so when all is ok again, I'll
try and get some pictures up.

Thanks again.

Jim Cheney