GTV6 Half-Shaft Oil Seal Removal

    I just discovered that my driver's-side half-shaft oil seal is leaking
at the differential housing.  With the gear lube dripping on my brake rotor
and fouling the inboard brake pad, this is *not acceptable*.
    I've been studying the shop manual; the removal and seal replacement
look fairly straightforward.  I've got a press, so that's helpful.  My
concern/question comes from Page 42 of the early transaxle manual.  A set of
half-plates (tool A.2.0247) are shown being used to remove the shaft locking
ring.  From the illustration of the locking ring, it appears that the
half-plates are indeed necessary.  Can anyone offer a suggestion as to a
source for a functional substitute for these presumably NLA half-plates?
Thanks.
Bert Neily
Raleigh, NC
'84 GTV6 with a driver without-a-life (or I wouldn't be writing three digest
postings on New Year's Eve).