Re: "Alfa Romeo" wins yacht race!

Jerry,

>> On one of the crawlers at the bottom of the
>> TV screen it flashed a news item that the
>> yacht "Alfa Romeo" had won the Sydney (?) to
>> Hobart yacht race in Australia.  Must have
>> used pontoons.

Alfa Romeo, skippered by the boss of Alfa's importers,
led the race right from the opening gun, all the way
through the 600-odd mile deepwater race.

The race is truly one of the few remaining ocean
classics, and for those who are thinking of coming
down under, including the Christmas break and a Boxing
Day cruise on the harbour to watch the start of the
race is something that I can thoroughly recommend.

This is not an activity for those who get seasick.

g.
Gary Stark
gstark@domain.elided
http://redbacksWeb.com