Re: bell housing bolts and nuts

Tony Sims wrote:

Got my block back, it came with a bell housing.. am looking to mount it
on my Harbor Freight engine stand... I can fit the bolts from the stand
thru the bell housing tranny side, but what are those bolts and nuts to
attach the block to the bell housing? Size and pitch??

You don't say what engine you're talking about, but on my 2L 4 cyl the block
has M8 studs to mount the trans with either 1.25 or 1.50 pitch thread, I
can't remember exactly. Nuts are 13mm hex. IIRC there were a couple
mounting bolts as well, same size and pitch.

Tony

Yep, 2.0 L it is. Four studs and I forget how many bolts.. I did find some other nuts about, but the pitch was
too coarse, and I don't have a metric thread gauge.. I'll take some measurements for bolt lengths, as well as
try to get the right pitch nuts.. I'm hoping the bell housing actually fits, it came off another car and the dowels
are being a bit difficult.

Thanks..
Jon