Re: Flex Hone

I bought a Flex Hone and used it on a V-12 Jag.  I just went into the
workshop and looked.  I threw the box away, and there's nothing on the hone
to indicate what the grit is.  I'm sure I ordered what I construed to be
their recommended grit.  Anyhow, on these glazed Jag iron liners it took 4
or 5 of the recommended honings to do the job.  Once you cut thru the glaze,
it goes, however, so be sure to watch closely and measure as you go.  The
surface looked great.  Wash the liners thoroughly with hot soap and water
when you're done.  I am using Deves rings.

Mr. Goose