What grit stone for honing used liner?

This is a follow up to a message sent last week. I've decided to purchase a ball-type "flex-hone". What grit should I purchase: 120, 180, 240 or 320? I thought the common hone for preparing cylinders for new rings was 240. Since my liners are used and have some wear, should I use a 320 to minimize taking additional material off?

I'm using stock Borgo rings. Would honing grit make a difference in if I was using Hastings or Deves rings? Are there general recommendations for a particular grit for different ring materials?

Thanks, //kct