WARPING

Ok, time to declare a winner. Charlie found one close to my theory. When iron metal gets red hot it does not take much pressure to bend it. Whenever we drive real hard to try to beat a yellow light and find it red before we get there, brakes can heat the rotors rd hot and at the light we hold the brake on so the pads press the rotor put of shape a little each time that takes place. Pretty soon th warp becomes noticeable, then annoying. Then either reface or replace. This is the case with automatic cars mostly on the road. In hilly country a stop on a hill requires brake pressure on manuals too.Raced manual transmission cars rarely keep the brakes on after stopping unless he's so scared he soils his pants. You don't have to agree but I know this is so. Fred Di Matteo in Flat Southwest Florida --