Model year of your Alfa - was CSCSQV

Paraphrasing James Montebello's comment in #133 regarding the CA DMV
would use the 'sticker' regarding what year one's car really is.

I'm assuming he is referring to the hard plastic plate with embossed
information which is glued and pop riveted to the driver's side door
jam.

While it was only one DMV employee, my finding was the (female) DMV
employee checking my car could have cared less what it said on the
plastic plate. Think about it. How hard would it be to do an old
switcheroo?

To repeat for the jillionth (at the very least) time, I had a photocopy
of pretty irrefutable proof that my car was, in fact, a '75 rather than
a '76 as originally registered. She literally took a half hour going
over DMV's information, couldn't find anything to confirm or deny my
information, felt it was accurate, so accepted it.

I'm virtually positive the DMV would not have allowed me to change the
year had I not had the information.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA