Re: brake rotors

Ferdinando Di Matteo said:
> Here is a question for all of you Digesti.  What make rotors warp?  Fred

One thing that will warp rotors is getting them excessively wet after they
have been used and are hot. I've seen that happen on trucks after they are
off-roading and/or mudding and then trying to wash off the mud without
letting things cool down. Recipe for instant rotor warp.

Another thing I've always been told is that when rotors are excessively
worn they will have a tendancy to warp under normal usage.

Something someone else told me (though I don't know if this is the case or
not) is that if one side of the caliper isn't engaging against the rotor
properly it can cause the rotor to warp as well. Sounds plausible, but
only one person has told me that.