re: FWD excessive tire wear

Hi David - Oh this email is so lame, but Fred is right! And not only
because he said so &:-D, but because you describe the steering
"twitchiness".

My camber experience is irrelevant here except that it shows the
tire wear to be different than yours. My tires scallop on the outboard
part of the tire under cornering load because of transient positive
camber created by flexing strut towers. When I fix the wheels into
maximum negative camber, then on street driving I get sort of the same
scalloping on the inboard part of the tires over time, but more even wear
under cornering load. Either way the wear is not a knife edge and I don't
get a sensation of "twitchiness" in the steering.

Tess
gee that rock was comfortable; I guess I'll go back under it