Maserati Biturbo info

    Geretings.  Sorry for the NAC, but I believe some here are into the
above and I have a question or two.  A friend has a wrecked, partially
parted '84 with a good engine, carbed, sans turbos(sold off).  Anybody know
the CR on these, and did they make any models that were NA, w/o the turbos?
I'm wondering how viable it would be to use w/o the turbos or if there's a
way to bump up the compression easily.  TIA, Ron.