Identifying Alfa paint codes

I recently purchased a dark maroon (original color I'm pretty sure) 1973
GTV2000 that needs painting. I thought I'd strip and repaint it myself, but I
can't find anything on the ID plate on the car to tell me the name or the
paint code of the color. I went to a DuPont auto paint shop with the cowl
panel from my Alfa. They pulled out some old "foreign car" paint books, and
we found seven different reds/maroons that were listed for Alfa from 1972-76.
I bought a quart (for $40) of DuPont #37015 "Raspberry" whose paint chip was
closest to my cowl panel, but when I started to spray, it was clearly not the
right color, being a more ruby red than the dark maroon on the car.

Since trial and error at $40 a quart can get expensive, I would very much
appreciate anyone e-mailing me directly at JohnHuntD@domain.elided with information
on how to identify the right Alfa paint code or color.

Thanks in advance.

John Doak in Baltimore, MD (410) 825-0108