Top Water Proofing

Porsche makes a product for their Cabrio's that's supposed to be very
good.  It is to be applied when the top is new, and then anytime water
stops beading on the fabric.  I've not tried it, because the instructions
warn to avoid getting it on paint or the plastic window, but it comes in a
aerosol can.  Seemed like too much trouble.

Sounds like Scotch Guard to me with a different label?

Christopher Boles
Veloce Register
http://www.veloceregister.net