Convertible top waterproofing products

Not only because Ian Lomax was kind enough to reply to one of my recent
questions (although there are more), but because I did a little
housecleaning today.

House cleaning (among other things) turned up a folder I picked up at
the check-out stand of a local PepBoys - RagGopp Protectant. For the
true Ragtop Enthusiast! (Not terribly impressive) Howsoever further down
it says Tested and Endorsed by Hartz the World's leading, etc.

I'm surmising unless they're a get in, get out, company - meaning they
totally fabricated Hartz's endorsement, it must be decent stuff - and
Ian, it should look considerably better than Thompsons Water Seal.

Never used it of course, so you don't get the 'Official Biba Seal of
Approval' (tm) but assuming you don't have a PepBoys in your
neighborhood, would guess some discount parts supplier would.

Goes on to say 'Flourcarbon Re-Water Repelling System (got that? Care to
explain it?) At the bottom it says, with UV protection, contains no
silicone.

Caveat: Biba does not endorse this product so if your top after using,
suddenly goes weird, I'm out of town.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA