RE: cooking the bushings, reply

An alternate method is to drill holes in the rubber portion about 3mm apart
all the way around.   Then repeat the process in the rubber between the
holes (or use said sawzall) to remove the inner sleeve and some rubber.
Then you can use the method of cutting the sleeve and poking it out.   You
can also cut 2 slots in the sleeve opposite each other.   Then the two
halves come out easier.

-Peter