Re: Screw on gas cap

 Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:32:54 -0600 From: "Jason Hagen"
 <hagen_jason1@domain.elided> Subject: Spider gas cap question-
 does it need a seal & Spuica pump question

 I thought I would try again on this question!

 Should a 1973 Spider has a seal as part of the
 gas cap?  Mine doesn't, and the one that IAP sells does not
 as well.  This is the screw-on type of cap.  And if they
 don't or didn't have them originally, are people going
 without or should one be fabricated?

 Also, I was thinking of procuring an extra
 Spica pump.  Will any model year do, or will only certain
 years work appropriately?

 Thanks.

 Jason Hagen '73 Spider

My '82 Spider has a screw on gas cap( all original AFAIK ), and a rubber ( or something ) seal also.
Just another data point.

jeff