re: beards

At 10:10 PM +0000 12/9/02, alfa-digest wrote:
2.    Biba once again confirmed that there are lots of us Alfa owners who
are bearded (and probably Grey-haired too).  Have the rest of you noticed
this too?  I really wonder (I guess my Freudian Slip is showing here) if
there may be a large correlation between those of us with beards and Alfa
ownership.  And if so, why?  I'm not conducting a sociological study here or
anything, but...as my 16 year-old son would say: "Wussup-wit-dat"?
Well when I first had my GTV6 in high school and it served as both a restorations project and a daily driver, I developed a habit of not shaving whenever the car was off the road. I think this started out as not having time to shave while trying to perform a repair and get the car put back together by Monday. Ironically, the longest period of time it was ever off the road (once I initiallly made it drivable) was when I hit a deer and the Alfa was out of action for nearly a month (no, I didn't go completely without shaving, but I did grow a beard), since the tradition among hunters in my neck of the woods was to grow a beard over the summer and *shave* when they got their first deer...

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6