Re: Fuel in Oil

Fuel in the oil isn't always the Spica pump. This happened to
me a few years ago, and everyone on the list said the Spica
pump was bad. I found gas in every canister in the system, both
evaporaters next to the air filter, inside the air filter, and all the
little hoses running about the place were soaked with gas. I
emptied everything out and dried everything off and it never
happened again. My mechanic also looked it over and gave it
the OK.  I would expect gas to drain back into the oil again
if the Spica pump was bad. Now, I don't actually know what went
wrong, but studying the plumbing diagrams for the gas and air
and oil, I found a few places where the gas can get by.

I would check a few places for gas, like the ones I mentioned,
and if they are all dry, then the pump advice given must be correct.
But if they are wet, empty them out, dry everything off, change the
oil, and see if it happens again.

Stefano
Oakland, CA