Re: 75 trunk lid cable

Hello again,

first of all thanks to all, and there were several, that sent suggestions.

We have lift off, the trunk is open.

The emergency cable release is a flimsy , under engineered and poorly
executed design.  First the cable is too light duty.  Although it looks
allot like the Berlina emergency release for the engine lid, it is much
weaker.
Second it is designed to run  a tortuous path to the latch, too many bends
and kinks.  It is then fastened to the latch much closer to the fulcrum than
the primary release cable.  This arrangement reduces the arm of the aplied
force and thus the lever advantage beyond the latch original design.  To
make the story short, if it works it is miracle, once. Mine did not.  So I
open the trunk by removing the back seat, pushing the trim into the trunk
from the passenger compartment and then operating the latch.  Most annoying
balancing act, though very small openings.
I did try to open the lid thought he hole in the rear deck, but could not.
But had I know the arrengment before hand I would have easly being able to
do so.  No one drives a 75 or Milano around here.
I cleaned and reinstalled everything.  I substituted the nylon emergency
cable with a steel one.

Thanks again, Andrea