Re: Spider Suspension Knocks

Check your sway bar mounting on the lower a arms.  The threads on the
bolt that passes through the spring pan were stripped and the bolt
worked itself loose which was the cause of my suspension knocks.

Coincidentally, I (hopefully) just fixed the exact same thing on my
Spider.  Couldn't find a replacement so it was carefully rethreaded and
installed with lots of loctite red.
I do seem to remember having one of those "uh oh, I think that was a
little too tight" moments a few years back when I was installing some
sport springs.

I imagine the other side will do the same someday.

Well, I have no garage and a nice day, so I am gonna go try to put my
Spica back on today.

Tony Martie
78 Spider
http://tmpd.net