Re: RE: 164 Foglamps

David E. Brill wrote in AD v09.n098:

> Does anyone have a link for some protective cover to put over the foglamps
> so they don't get trashed with rocks every other month.  I don't mean a
> plastic protective cover to use when the lights are not being used......but
> one that lets the light through.
>
> I am tired of replacing these things or driving around with them
> cracked!!!!!

David (and all):

You can buy heavy vinyl light covers with an adhesive backing from StonGuard, but
you'll have to buy a complete set:

    http://stoneguard.com/sgcontent/default.asp

They don't sell 'em over the 'net, but you can call or e-mail 'em and buy direct. As I
recall they are about US$100 delivered for the 164s. They don't yellow, at least ours
haven't since they were installed in about '97.

Be advised, DO NOT use these over lamps with bulbs brighter than 55 watts, otherwise
they'll crack the lenses. AMHIK :-(

'nardo
Alpine, TX
'83 GTV6 w/396,429 (s)miles tonight "Wild Horses"
LP: 3M ZAT3 (look in the mirror - what the serpent is doin'!) - mine

'91 164S - "Monster" LP: MOSTRO - hers
'69 GTV - LP: 3ROMA (check this one in the mirror - love isn't perfect!) - hers
(sleeping...)