RE: timing chains and sprockets

Kind Alfisti,

So the prices I was quoted for parts snapped me swiftly and unpleasantly from any illusions about replacing timing sprockets.  Particularly the intermediate sprocket, which was priced at $900.  This, for the record, is what I paid for my entire car.

And why does the parts department explain what the price would be if a part were available?  "A crankshaft timing sprocket would be priced at $126, but they haven't been available for a long time now."  Sure, good, I'll take two of them, then.

Ah well.
So it goes.

Regards,
Anthony