RE: 164 rear seats

>>I'm considering the purchase of a 164. I'd like to know if the back
>>seat is large enough to fit three child safety seats?

We brought our twins home from the hospital in the 164. I just can't
picture three seats back there but I guess it would depend on the type of
seat. Based on personal experience I would still say "no." If it is a
booster seat as opposed to an infant or child/toddler seat then it might be
possible, but most likely you would be movin' into minivan territory while
saving the 164 till they are old enough to sit without child seats.

Rear-facing infant seats have the bulky plastic carrying handles. Even with
Britax Freeway seats, there is (or rather, was) barely enough room for one
person (aka Mom) to sit side-saddle.

There is a very nice and very svelte child seat made by Recaro covered in
what looks like Neoprene, but I couldn't bring myself to even ask about the
price.

You would need also need to drill into the rear deck somewhere to mount an
anchor for a tether for the middle seat. Good luck in any event.

Chris Robyn
SF Bay Area