'85 Spider Motor Mount/Pan Guard

I have an '85 Alfa Spider that I recently retrieved from a repair shop and found the front rail of the pan guard had been bent to give clearance to the oil pan "because you had bottomed out".

Problem is, now that I have removed the guard and straightened it, level all the way across the front and rear mounting rails and all the way across the middle where the cross bar is, I have approximately 3/8" clearance on the passenger side of the pan but no clearance the driver's side of the pan. In fact, when attempting to attach the rear mounting rail to the cross member the the middle cross bar pushes the driver's side of the engine up. The front and rear bands and arches are not "crushed". Also, before (and after) I straightened the pan guard, the cut out for the oil pan drain plug blocks access to the drain plug so that to drain the oil pan requires removal of the pan guard.

I ordered a new pan guard, performed most of the installation and found the exact same conditions.

I've checked both motor mounts, they are not broken or separated. Am I suffering from a collapsed driver's side motor mount?

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Dave
Dave Henson