Re: fan power needed

Ferdinando Di Matteo wrote:
It seems I remember the engine driven san uses 7 horse power. I am sure the electric fans, esp in the V6s use more. the 40 anp fuse in the 164 is a clue.
Fred, I think you are a bit off in your math there... The reason engine driven fans use/waste nearly 7HP is that they are driven at engine RPM.

7hp would equal 5220 watts, which would be ~430amps on a 12V system.

With a 40amp limit (the fuse) the electric fan is at maximum about 1/2hp, although likely far lower than that.

--Mark