spark plug wires for L-jet Spider

Hi Group:

I'm working on the tune-up of the "new" '87 Spider Veloce. Are there really special requirements for the plug wires, as mentioned in some of the vendors' catalogs? They talk of the ignition ECU being able to "read" the resistance of the wires, and how they must all be of equal resistance. Or, can I use a high-quality set of spiral-wound solid-core wires like Magnecor, Crane, Accel, etc. in place of the OEM or pseudo-OEM type wires? If yes, should I use resistor plugs, i.e. NGK BPR6ES? TIA.

Regards,

Dean
'74 & '87 Spiders