Re: 164 Won't Start

Rex wrote that his 164 failed to give even the smallest signs of starting.
He mentions the car did this once before, then started up as if nothing was
wrong. The 164 is a multiple-choice car when it comes to starting troubles,
but I noticed a common reason was not mentioned in any of the replies: A bad
ignition switch. I know of two perfectly good 164s that refused to start
under any conditions, then started with no trouble. Both ended up having the
ignition cylinder replaced, and the problem never came back. Try moving the
key around in the cylinder while pushing in when starting the car. This may
give you a clue to the problem.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
ARA