Re: Iridium sparkplugs

>But the guy on the phone said he dynoed his
>V6 Golf with Bosch Platinums and then dynoed it again after changing
only
>the plugs (to Denso Iridium), and picked up 6 horsepower.

 Way to many possibility to list to explain that

>Why does the idle drop as the
>draw in the electrical system increases??

Because the added load lowers the voltage in the system, the voltage
alternator making it harder to turn, thus slowing the idle speed, but
increasing the alt. current output.  The idle speed is not under active
control so it response to any load.  Sparklplugs will have little on
effect current draw.  the current drawn by the coil primary is set by the
ignitor, the box beside the coil.  I'm not sure about the dwell
monitoring schema, so not sure how a change in coil primary impedance
would change current.

Chris Hall