164 mechanical tensioner procedure -- what about cold weather?

i have all the parts for my timing belt/water pump/radiator hose festival,
and was planning to commence the work today, figuring i'd have three days
to go start to finish w/o unreasonable pressure.

i went to review the tensioning procedures for the mechanical tensioner,
and have been brought up cold, so to speak.

it's below zero outside; my garage is somewhat insulated, but quite cold.
the procedure in the factory bulletin calls for ambient temsp of 59 degrees
to 96 degrees.

these temps aren't going to happen. anyone have any suggestions?

(note: the zat tensioner isn't going to happen. if you hit reply and start
to enter proposal that i use the zat device, then just kill it rather than
sending it to the digest. thanks.)

richard