Re: alfa-digest V9 #79

In a message dated 11/27/2002 9:11:59 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:54:19 EST
> From: Carl750@domain.elided
> Subject: Slow starting Motronic
>
> My '83 Spider (L-tronic) and Milano (L-tronic) also starts with the first
> hit
> of the starter.  However my '91(Motronic) grinders over for a while before
> it
> starts.  Is normal for Motronic, or do I have a problem?   If I have a
> problem, any suggestions on how to fix.
>
> Carl R. Davis

       Both my 91 spiders fire right up.  The Bosch manual sold by AROC and
assembled from Alfa Owner articles is worth having.  It was assembled partly
by Fred DiMatteo and reflects his point of view.
       Virtually every article emphasizes that battery condition is paramount
for starting the electronic injected Alfas.  My take on that is if the
battery is in slightly less than top condition, then the current required to
run the starter does not leave enough power to also run the computers.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City