Re: Alfa Tools

 My friend Skip offered good suggestions about how to do various
maintenance operations on 105 Alfas without the factory tools I was
looking for.  I do appreciate the suggestions, but I've done all the jobs
Skip described many times with makeshift tools--which work well enough.
In spite of that, I'd like to have the factory tools because they're
nicer and make the work easier.  The factory front spring compressor is
especially handy; the job goes so much faster than with the all-thread
method, although you do have to get the car way up in the air.  I have to
admit, though, that Skip's home-made tool for changing the transmission
bushing sounds really clever.  I'll make one of those up, since I don't
expect to find the factory tool any time soon.

Dana