various subjects, poly bushes, 164 belts

All this talk about poly suspension bushings has got me wondering if
anybody has any brand preference or experience they'd like to share.  I am
going to use poly bushings in the rear control arms of my 74 GTV.  There
are the Powerflex sold by Alfa Bill, Performatek by Andy Kress I think, IAP
and Centerline have some too.
I'm biased of course, I'm selling PowerFlex with no regrets, SuperPro was very good, just limited in range at the time, I still have SP in my 168 front arms. PowerFlex prides themselves on the split design for no press installation.

The discussions on this have been interesting, there is a lot of misinformation about the material, the new formulations are terrific, comfortable and durable. Plastic hardness typically has no place on street cars and needs careful placement on track cars.

Hardness is a critical issue. I had some of the PowerFlex pieces looked at a second time to improve NVH based on my own use in different cars of my own, and with the help of a creative design team, there are some very unique pieces coming out very soon. (Jan.) and the current inventory I have is new runs. We will continue to review anything that looks viable from a business standpoint, as the Alfa market is very small in business terms.

I'll try to keep this brief as Richard has not accepted me as an advertiser as yet.

Re: the 164 being difficult to work on? Well, I never want to pull a ZF trans again soon, but overall, it's not a bad machine to work on if you know how to tinker. Face it, there are MANY cars that are worse.

AlfaBill
PowerFlex bushings, Leatherique and more...
http://alfabill.com
Tampa Florida USA