Gearbox 'regearing' and mechanic suggestion for London

 Greetings Digesti, I have two quick questions. 1. I have a 1972 Spider 1300 that has had its engine replaced with a 2000.  The gearing on the 1300 is lower (5th gear and final drive I believe) than that of a 2000, with the result that cruising at higher speeds feels noisier and more uncomfortable than need be.  How 'difficult' is it to remove the gearbox and swop out the gears to make it the same as a 2000 box?  The gearbox is in good condition, and even shifting into 2nd is no problem.  Any idea what someone would charge for doing this?  Would it be simpler to just replace the whole box with a reconditioned unit? 2. I live in London (England).  If you have any suggestions for a garage / mechanic convenient to SW5 that can do the type of work mentioned in (1) above, plus the usual Alfa upkeep for reasonable prices, I would be most grateful.  I've got the service catalogue from AROC-UK, but there's no 'rating' of dealers?  Responses via email or on-digest would be much appreciated. Thanks,Nick