Re: SPICA injection and wear

> That
> is why the SPICA distributor (some refer to it as a pump as it seems to
> fill that function, but in truth the "pump" portion is merely a
distributor
> or metering device)

Are you sure this is true, Michael?  The fuel pressure at the injectors in a
Spica system is quite high, well above what the fuel pump from the tank
provides.  As I understand it, the little pistons in the Spica draw in a
metered amount of fuel based on the position of the 3-d cam, and then force
it into the individual lines leading to the injectors, creating the
necessary pressure to force the injector to open.  It appears to me that it
is truly a pump, using the same basic action as a piston air compressor.

I'm certainly no expert, and this could merely be a case of semantics or my
ignorance of the actual function of the Spica "pump".

Cheers,
Tony