Wheels and stuff

<Tony wrote:  If something with the Spiders lines and proportions were
introduced today do you think it would be sporting 14" wheels and
narrowish high profile tires?>

I'm writing:  That's just it!  Something with the lines of our Spiders
wouldn't BE introduced today.  They're special, in part, because of
their place in time.  To my eye, today's enthusiasts' cars fit their
wheels, just as older Spiders fit theirs.  I saw an Acura the other day;
it had big gnarly wheels, a coffee can exhaust that sounded especially
sweet, splashy (Chinese?- Japanese?-inspired) graphics on the fenders,
and had been lowered, I think.  And I thought, if I was 22 today, that's
probably what would spell cool to me.

Tony, I'm sorry if I offended you (and anyone on the Digest) with the
allusions I made.  I really meant no offense, just to posit some
interesting imagery -- automotive and sociological -- in our heads.
Maybe I wasn't as humorous as I'd thought.

I think I'll duck out of this discussion now, and leave the wrap up to
those who know about unsprung weight and sidewall flexing.

Best wishes,

Doug
77 Spider
Richmond

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]