Re: Pontiac overhead cam + NAPA Fuel Filter

It also had poor oil feed for the cam. A friend owned one in college was
laways putting in new cams when he wasn't helping me with my car projects.

I bought one of those NAPA Gold 3299 filters and threw into my Berlina just
as it was getting dark and now have a car that won't start. The pump
pressure light goes out but it acts likes its fuel starved and I can hear
gurgling noises in from the rear of the car. Is it possible I put the filter
in backwards? It wasn't clearly marked except for some >>>'s on the side
which I assumed indicated the direction of flow.  The other possibility is
that my hose clamp on the hose from the tank, made a semi-permanent crimp
that's collapsing when the pump starts up. Anyway its snowing today so I
probably won't get a chance to undo my handywork until next weekend. Is
there ant way to change the hose from the tank without emptying it?

Mitch Wolberg
Denver, CO
69 Berlina
69 Spider Jr.