Re: Rust Proofing Question

Bob,

A few posts back there was a response to your question on rust proofing that
gave a very questionable endorsement for Zibart.  My experience is different.
My 74 GTV was Zibarted when new.  I got the car in 1978 and have had it since
then.  It was a daily driver all year round in the MD and PA area for a number
of years (5+) and later turn into more of a summer car only.  There have been
some rust problems but I can say that when I went in to do the repair it was
clear that the areas of rust were associated with the lack of Zibart coating
in that area.  IMHO the treatment clearly is a benefit but the success will
depend on how well the stuff gets everywhere.  Since the original treatment I
have used a product from Eastwood for inner panel coating.  But since this
application the car has not been out in the weather much. So far it works!!
You may also want to consider Waxoyl which sells a product (among many) for
treating inner panels.  And yes I have seen references that indicate a
periodic application is a good thing for max. protection.  Good luck holding
the rust a bay.

Al