Alfaless in Oregon

I've been very inactive on the list for a while because I have changed jobs lately. I am now working as a statistician for a large US semiconductor manufacturer. The change of job means that I will be moving with family to Portland Oregon from April to August. Guess what, although there is a rental car included in the deal it won't be an Alfa!

So I have a few questions about Alfa ownership in the States:

-Would I be mad to think that I could find and buy a reasonably reliable Alfa in a few weeks in Oregon?

-Are there any restrictions on a non-resident buying and registering a car?

-What is the best value in Alfa's in the US? Milanos? Berlinas? Spiders? 164s?

-What clubs are active in the Portland area?

-Any dealer or repair shop recommendations?

-What's the deal on insurance?

-If I needed to sell the car again would that take a long time?

Thanks
Willo in Dublin