Water in trans

Hmmm.... this could be bad for seals and such, but I know I used a ton of Acetone to dry the insides of complex laboratory glassware.  It absorbs a certain amount of water, then after you drain it out, it evaporates without a residue.

I'm trying to think if there are any rubber oil seals or such that would be attacked by acetone... hmm.... if not, it probably could also dissolve any oil-based sludge in there, too.

- Paul Witek