gtv6 parts availability

The recent discussion on how hard it is to find a
replacement gas cap for a gtv6 reminded me one of the
main reasons why I ended up selling both my gtv6's and
opted for an older bertone gtv.
Don't get me wrong, I still think the gtv6 is a great
car.  It's a more mature, more versatile car than it's
older sibling.  It has more interior space, it's more
comfortable for longer trips, it keeps dry inside even
in the hardest downpour.  All that, and it still
delivers great performance, makes all the right
sounds, smells etc!
However, when it comes to parts availability, it's a
whole different story.  Engine parts are easy to find,
but try sourcing body parts, trim parts, transaxle
parts, weatherstripping.  There just doesn't seem to
be enough interest in the aftermarket/restoration
supply industry for these cars.  And now that Alfa
Ricambi has lost their edge, it's almost impossible to
find any performance parts (even stiffer torsion bars)
for them.
Maybe things will get better as these cars approach
"classic" status.  Until then though, unfortunately,
they are a bit of a hassle to maintain.

Hope I'm not opening a Pandora's box here, but I would
like to hear other opinions on this matter.

Vangelis
Mountain View, CA
83 Spider
73 gtv