Re: Big wheels (and how I'm sorry I asked)

Tony,
Trunk space being your reason for wanting bigger wheels, let me make a
perfectly impractical suggestion; take a look at a 101 spider.  You are
right about the spare tire stealing space, my '64 veloce with spare behind
the seats, has a much more usable trunk than the '71 I used to own.  Of
course, the occasional third passenger now has to sit on a cushion between
the seats rather than squeeze in behind the seats.  Other 101 qualities that
I prefer are, reduced cowl shake, more nimble handling and you still get 15"
wheels.  Downsides ?  the top takes a bit longer to erect, possibly quite
important where you live.  Although I like the looks of a full wheel well, I
could not consider larger rims and hence a stiffer sidewall, where I live.
The roads that I drive on in Texas are so bad that the chassis on my 164S -
driven aggressively, flexes enough, that the windshield has come unglued.

Jay Reddy