Polyurethane bad??

Hello all..

Recently I was trolling the Web for polyurethane bushing info.. and stumbled across a page where a lot of downsides to these bushings were listed.

I'd never heard anything bad about polyurethane before, besides the older, harder ones could be too harsh or transfer too much vibration for normal road driving..

I'd like to hear from people out there who have had poly bushings, especially after some length of time.. what has your experience been, pro and con? Anyone have distortion, sticking and squeaking or similar problems?

Here's the link.. it's a, uh, American car site, so be forewarned! ;-)

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1701/bushings.htm

The arguments sound sensible, though I have no clue if these effects occur as fast as he's saying.

Bum rap, or not?

Jon