Re: water in the gearbox

Anne O wants to know:

> After 3 flushes with motor oil,water is still tracing in the
> drained oil. Suggestions on removing the last traces of water? I
> was thinking of filling it with denatured alcohol for a while,
> then flushing with oil. What else would effectively
> absorb/displace the water?

How many cans of WD40 do you have handy?

Seriously, that's the only stuff I know of that really and truly displaces water
(hence the name). I'd imagine it may be available in industrial quantities...and
if you're in the marine-engines business you should probably know about that
already!

Will Owen
30+ year devotee of that magical Snake Oil...
Pasadena, CA, where you hardly ever need it!