Water in trans,backyard Alfas

I just received a (non-Alfa) 5 speed trans from an out of state
junkyard. When I pulled the drain plug,water and oil came out.
It wasn't emulsified,as if the trans had been running that
way,but appeared as if the water got in during storage or
shipping.

After 3 flushes with motor oil,water is still tracing in the
drained oil. Suggestions on removing the last traces of water? I
was thinking of filling it with denatured alcohol for a while,
then flushing with oil. What else would effectively
absorb/displace the water?

Alfa content- About two years ago I had to pick up a young (20
something) female journalist for a tour of the area. As soon as
she saw the Alfa, her first question was "how many do you have
in the back yard?"

I think she is on her way to be a great journalist.

Anne O