of interest to 164 owners?

I was in London yesterday; while spending a few free moments in "Foyles"
bookshop, I found an interesting book: "Alfa Romeo 164 automobilia" (1987)

They have ONE more copy left. I think the price was a little steep - #35
($50?) but then, I guess, for a NEW copy of an out of print book, maybe not.

It did go into lots of interesting stuff about the design process of the
car, including a few great sketches of how it COULD have looked, including
some that were frighteningly close to the old Rover 213/Honda !

There's a great line regarding the rear lights, and the resulting high boot
(trunk) -lid: "it will be remembered that in order to get rid of the edge on
the MB 200-300 series, the lights had to have a 40deg. diagonal cut, with a
result that is not necessarily pleasing". It may have dodgy electrics [Ok,
I'm bitter: After all the rain we had last week, BOTH front window lifts
quit :-) ], but at least Farina didn't compromise on design!

All-in-all, a good book; sadly written 'too soon' before the S/QV. It would
have been good to learn the background to it's development.

Simon