Mystery Wire (75TS)

I'm pulling the dash out of my '89 75 2.0 TS (RHD Aussie model) and I
found a broken wire near the fusebox. unsure if I did it, but
anyway..........

The wire has black insulation and would be about the same diameter as
most of the other wires (1.0mm ?). It isn't in a loom and it
disappears under the pinchweld on the RH 'A' piller.

Funny thing is that the wire is actually a small coax. ie: it is a
white insulated wire up the centre of a black insulated wire. The
wire is also a lot softer or more flexible (pliable) than normal wiring and
takes quite a bend before it stays kinked.

Any ideas on what it could be for ?. I can't find anywhere that it
may have pulled out from. I thought maybe it could be for the police
version (headsets) ?

Beatle
Oz

PS: I've discovered that it is unecessary to remove the instrument
pod when removing the entire dash. Leave it in place and disconnect
the plastic plugs at the firewall. DoH !!! Also seems that the
fusebox can stay in-situ if the two red power wires are
disconnected. I'll give details when the job is complete.

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/gif]