Re: Webers or Spica?

At 10:46 PM 11/20/02, Mike Nakamura wrote:

>I don't know much about Webers, are they subject to sloshing of fuel in
>the bowl during violent changes in direction?

Pretty well insensitive to it. The jet wells are pretty well at the center
of the float bowls.  The secondary tank trick is useful for any vehicle,
though.

>I know that with SPICA, you'd better not run too low on fuel or you
>could starve on long turns. I knew a rally crew (Ruiz brothers) that had
>a two fuel pump set-up with a small second tank to keep fuel pressure to
>the SPICA. This may not be a problem with Webers.
>
>I believe the theory is that injection (even SPICA) delivers closer to
>the proper amount of fuel with good atomization better than carburetors.

The atomization from virtually ANY injection system (unless air shrouded
injectors or compressed air boosted injectors are used) does not even
APPROACH the level of atomization of the fuel which is achieved by Webers.

Greg