Re: Webers or Spica?

If you have extremely well tuned and adjusted Webers and SPICA, you
could create scenarios where you could argue the inherent superiority of
one system over the other. Don't even consider starting or warm-up or
emissions.

For example, during the Pike's Peak hill climb you could claim that the
SPICA would adjust better for barometric pressure changes and thus
produce closer to maximum power over the entire course.

I don't know much about Webers, are they subject to sloshing of fuel in
the bowl during violent changes in direction?

I know that with SPICA, you'd better not run too low on fuel or you
could starve on long turns. I knew a rally crew (Ruiz brothers) that had
a two fuel pump set-up with a small second tank to keep fuel pressure to
the SPICA. This may not be a problem with Webers.

I believe the theory is that injection (even SPICA) delivers closer to
the proper amount of fuel with good atomization better than carburetors.
However, do any of us live in a theoretic world?

I am not pretending to know, just keyboarding again.

Mike Nakamura
Fall City WA USA
mike_nakamura@domain.elided
91 Spider Veloce