re: Spider rear end question

> ------------------------------
Jason,
	You can easily make the tool to fit the ring-nut.  Go to
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/3837/ringtool.html and see the
how to do it.

	When inspecting the sealing surface when the seal rubs against the
turning portion of the driveshaft, look for a groove worn by the old
seal(s).  Sometime you can get away with pushing the new seal in further
so that the new seal doesn't rub in the same location.  Or you can get
something called a Speedi-sleeve (from Chicago Rawhide) that will
'refurbish' the sealing surface to new conditions.  Both my Alfa need
this but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

	Here is some info on the Speedi-sleeve that I saved.

> > If anyone is thinking of doing this the directions to make the tool on
> > the St. Louis web site work well. Also if you want to get a
> > Speedi-sleeve before you start (like I wish I had) the CR (Chicago
> > Rawhide, common) number is..... 99177. 1.769"-1.775" . Info to sock away
> > for a rainy day.

	BTW, I've made two more ring-nut tools for my motorcycles and it took
even less time to make them than the first one.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV