1750 sump problem

I wonder if Modelle's 1750 has the very early 1600 shallow sump, accounting
for the difference?  As far as I know, late 1600s through 2000s all should
have the same oil pump and depth of pan (the "28mm" type), even if there are
detail differences in some of the pans (dipstick location, two versus four
holes at the rear main bearing area, AC mounts, etc.).

Early Giulia TIs had a shallow pan and matching pump (the "18mm" type).  Any
of these pieces will all fit just fine on any block, but the wrong
combination could probably lead to a deep pump hitting a shallow pan bottom,
or a shallow pump not fully reaching into a deep pan.  The 18mm pumps aren't
available new anymore, I don't think, and are recognizable by being just a
bit shorter below the gear housing in the angled pickup extension.  You
pretty much have to have them side by side to see the difference. Same with
the pans, though I haven't seen an early type pan recently.

This relates just to 105/115 pans and pumps, not 750/101 or Alfetta pans and
pumps, which is a whole different dissertation.

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register